Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat, but feel free to use a combination
of white and wheat)
1/2 cup sugar (can definitely be made with a little less - I finished
off my bag of sugar and only ended up with about 1/3 cup
and the muffins still tasted sweet enough)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (thawed, frozen berries would also be fine)
1 egg, beaten (I used egg substitute)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, combine applesauce, egg, vanilla, and melted (cooled) butter.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients (I found that I had
to add in an extra 1/4 cup of applesauce because the batter was very dry).
5. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Scoop batter into your muffin pan, which has been lined with 12 liners (A cookie
dough scoop that I received for Christmas came in handy).
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Cool for about 10 minutes.