Happy Friday! Time for the Milspouse Friday Fill-In. Head over to Wifey's blog to link up your blog.
1. Underwear parties, how old is too old? submitted by Wookie & Co.
I'm not quite sure what an underwear party is... so I don't know how to answer this. I think that running around in your underwear is only appropriate behind closed doors or if you're a little kid.
2. What was your favorite class in high school? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared
Can I have two favorites? English and psychology. I have always loved reading great books and am a stickler for proper spelling and grammar. I also had a great psychology teacher who taught us about interesting topics and showed us great documentaries about mental illness.
3. Have you ever convinced packers/movers to pack something they aren't supposed to for a PCS? submitted by Ground Control to Major Mom
The packers will pack almost anything that laying around the house even if they're not supposed to pack it. During our last PCS, they packed candles, lighters, charcoal, and lighter fluid even though all of those items are on the do not pack list. If you don't want something packed, section off an area of your house for those items and tell the packers and movers "hands off"!
4. Blogging plays a growing role in the media. If you were asked to embed as a blogger with a deployed military unit, would you go? What do you think your blog would be like? submitted by To the Nth
I love writing but I also love the comforts of home. The living conditions are less than desirable during deployments and I don't think I could "rough it" over there. I'd also be terrified of getting injured or worse...
5. Do you think kids should attend year-round school? submitted by Marrying the Navy
Since I'm studying to be a teacher, this question will also affect me. I always liked the idea of having off for the whole summer; however, year-round schools aren't as bad as I once thought. The students and teachers do get several extended breaks throughout the school year that equal out to a traditional summer break. I think it would be nice to have several, short breaks throughout the year, as opposed to one, long break during the summer.