TGIF! It's been a long week and I'm glad that it's finally Friday. I skipped out on the Friday Fill-In last week because Blogger was being a pain in the you know what. Head over to Wifey's blog to find out more information and to link up your blog. Hope you all have a great weekend!
1. What is one of the things you always do special when your husband returns from a deployment? submitted by Keep Calm and Soldier On
Since E always complains about how terrible the food is over there, I try to make all of his favorites when he gets home. Homemade mac and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, chicken pot pie, and chocolate chip blondies topped the list last time. I also like to buy him a case of beer since he loves to have one drink with dinner most nights.
2. What do you do to help your spouse and/or yourself re-adjust after a deployment or long separation? submitted by Diapers, Dogs, and Deployments
Just trying to get back into a routine that includes him is hard sometimes. With all the TDY training that's happened since the PCS, I've kind of gotten into a routine that revolves around what's going on with me. Integrating back into a schedule that involves couples time will definitely be a top priority.
3. Are you a crazy coupon clipper (I'm becoming one so share your secrets with me)? submitted by Married My Airman
Why don't they offer coupons for healthy, organic, and/or gluten free products? Most of the time when I go to the commissary I buy fresh fruits and vegetables, produce, organic dairy products, and gluten free products. Because of the lack of coupons for these products, I'm not a coupon clipper.
4. What's your most treasure memory of you and your spouse (not counting your wedding - that's a given)? submitted by Scrubs, ACUs, and One Crazy Ride
That would have to be our trip to Europe after E's last deployment. We got to spend 3 amazing weeks touring France, Italy, and Switzerland in addition to going on a Mediterranean cruise. We would love to visit England and Ireland after this deployment is over!
5. If you could live anywhere overseas, what would you pick and why? submitted by Little Moments Like This
We have talked about trying to get stationed in Germany or Italy. We have friends who have been stationed in both countries and they loved the experience. I would be traveling as much as I could and I would love to teach English in an elementary school!